1.25.2009

compassion

Mark 6:34

“And Jesus, when He came out, saw a great multitude and was moved with compassion for them, because they were like sheep not having a shepherd.”

That’s the kind of heart I want to have. A heart that is completely moved by compassion. And those are the kind of eyes I want to have. Eyes that are on the least of these. Eyes that don’t see the speck on someone elses eyes, because I have one too. Eyes that see through a veil of love. And those are the kind of feet I want to move me. Feet that are moved by compassion. Where my pride is diminished and my selfishness is left behind. Where someone else’s need comes before my own wants. Where I don’t possess anything I can’t give away. Where it’s not about me. But it’s about you. And it’s about God. Because at the end of the day, that is what Love does. Love gives. And you and me and them and us, we’re all the same. We all want love. Because we were designed to desire our Creator, who IS love. That is the denominator that we have all fallen under. So I will love, because He first loved me. (1 john 4:19)

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. - Mother Teresa

1 comment:

Mario Torres said...

Melissa you always bless me!

Wow, this is the mind of Christ spoken by a true follower of Jesus Christ.

You're right...we need to put blindfolds on our own judgmental eyes and "SEE" with the compassionate spiritual eyes of Christ.

One of many Scriptures that reveal the eyes of God is Ezekiel 16:6:
"When I passed by thee, and SAW thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live, yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live!"

God SEES life when we are wallowing in our own blood.

Life and life more abundant is what Jesus came to give us, even when we were dead in our sins!