7.14.2008

these two in mind

when time shows its weakness, loved ones show their heart.
when reality becomes real, christians show their zeal.
so we live with these two in mind
that time and eternity live together.
that "they can't hear without a preacher"
and "she will fall for another".
life, Jesus, and love-
have taught me their lessons.
they've taught me that "life isnt life unless it's given away".
that Eric Clapton's "layla" does exist
and that there can always be another on the other side.
then she becomes "layla" and then another...
Jesus has asked me "will you turn away too?"- and i counted the cost.
she will ask me the same as life has taught her that i will.
but to both i respond, i'm here to stay , although i go.
like Upton sings, i run, but love's magnet has me running right to you.
i'm starting to comtemplate the possibilities that Jesus meant everything He said.
very unpentecostal of me, i know.
but His teachings of celebacy and redistribution have tugged on me lately
and i ask "did He mean it?" .
and He asks the same of you and me.
"did you mean it?"
when you said you will follow.
it really hurts to leave for these three years
but i'm off following Him.
and i can only hope and pray me and her are opposites.
though for now it seems doubtful.

may God give you peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I reakylike this.. You know what i have noticed, little by little its seems like your getting comfortabe pouring out your heart by writting.. Your going to college and following God, desiples followed christ and never looked back but kept looing foward and just followed him.
"Where you'll go ill go
What you say i say
What you pray i pray"- Brian and Jenn Johnson....

Just following GODS HEART is the best thing in life. Just ravish his heart ....
jenny =]