9.05.2008

don't reject His plea.

How I wish you could see the potential,
the potential of you and me
It's like a book elegantly bound,
but in a language that you can't read just yet

You gotta spend some time love, you gotta spend some time with me
And I know that you'll find love, I will possess your heart
You gotta spend some time love, you gotta spend some time with me
And I know that you'll find love, I will possess your heart

There are days when outside your window,
I see my reflection as I slowly pass
And I long for this mirrored perspective,
when we'll be lovers, lovers at last

You reject my advances and desperate pleas
I won't let you, let me down so easily, so easily

I will possess your heart
(death cab for cutie, narrow stairs)

...

inside of the redeemed, deep on the inside, lies this longing.
which, due to our depravity, does not come from us.
this knocking, in the middle of the night, with persistence.
the desperate plea of the Father longing for His child.
i see this Jesus that ignores the locked doors of our lives,
walks through walls, and whispers : " peace to you " .
He has come through the walls of my heart, and swept me away.
He has possessed my heart. and the more time i give to Him,
the more wood i put in the fire, burning inside of me.
its the burning desire of the Father, the lover of my soul .
the Lover of your soul. don't reject His plea. read the lyrics.

1 comment:

Rachele said...

I love your heart. Keep violently pursuing Him.