11.26.2007

snorkeling.

like snorkeling? I do. the first time I went snorkeling was when I was 8 years old. I used to get so frustrated because some of my friends were swimming down under while I could only float around on the top watching them. my friends were interacting with cool reefs and fish while I was just watching. sometimes I would get so frustrated that I would try to dive in only to find myself drinking the purified urine and droppings of the Miami citizens. snorkelers can’t dive in to the deep (their snorkels wont allow them), but they can sure look at what goes on in the deep. Snorkeling is entertaining. a beautiful element of snorkeling is that when snorkeling, focus is turned unto one thing. stress is non-existent. it’s a very relaxing thing. most of us are snorkelers. we have our goggles on and were off swimming, in between ocean and sky, staring off into the deep .most people spend their entire lives snorkeling; never going into the deep, just watching. doesn’t it frustrate you to snorkel? floating around, watching others do awesome things (and stuff). whether we want to face the fact or not, there is a society called “needy’ out there. and it’s true to say that we are just snorkeling. the majority of us are anyways. I know I’m still snorkeling. and it’s frustrating. something in me longs to dive in and join in The Work. there’s also something in me that struggles to keep me floating upon the waters, watching. it’s called flesh (aka snorkel). I am probably the laziest man on the planet. I know what needs to be done and yet I’d rather watch. but lately I’ve heard the groan of frustration within me longing to be a part of The Work. there’s definitely opposition though. what’s your “snorkel” (corny, I know)? It’s hard to dive in when there’s an entire nation screaming at us through our plasma’s and Xboxes to just sit back and relax. the enemy would love for us to stay on the top just floating around, not doing anything crazy or different. and when we begin to dive in, he throws at us distractions (boys,girls,t.v,laptop,books,etc) one thing I learned about diving is that the deeper you go, the more pressure there is. maybe that’s why I haven’t “dived in” yet. I don’t like pressure. I’d rather sit around in my sandals relaxing. but I’m learning that Godly pressure is a really good thing. It’s good to have someone that presses you to dive in a little deeper. most people don’t like anyone pushing them to be greater, to dive deeper. I’m hoping that I can put some Godly pressure on you to dive in to The Work, and go deeper, for “deep calls out to deep”. God’s calling us deeper, “way beyond the veil”. so "get in the water!"- guy from "the notebook".

"Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment and dove into the sea."- gospel of john 21:7

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This was a very interesting writting.oh and yes i do agree laptops are a huge distraction even though sometimes we may not really realize it. lol =d

ScOoBy -DoO! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ScOoBy -DoO! said...

When it comes to pressure well since I'm a very competitive person. I have always loved the feel of being pressured(lol) I do . My coach would pressure us alot because what she saw in us, which was the talent ,and capability to win. That at times we our self don't realize it. I love taking risk . I'm not going to lie it's painful and you hate it at times and sometimes you will get fustrated and not understand why ? that specific person is still by your side pushing you . When all you have done is scream at them
" I just can't do it,I can't preach, I don't know how to minister, I have never been a good friend,I don't know how to pray etc...." I guess my distraction is my thoughts at times of seeing myself not reach my goal cuz it's so big . Hope you get me . and knowing that in order to go somewhere you have to sacrifice some things and those things I love at that specific moment. A teacher once told me at a younger age (lol) "Pressure build's character"
Joshua 1-9
keep doing this great job you guyz