4.22.2008

the pursuit of righteousness

I am in a pursuit. I feel a lot like King David in Psalm 27:8 when he said “When You said, “Seek My face, “My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.” My heart is just responding to the desires of Gods heart as he gently whispers them over me. Deep calling out to deep. Like I’m in a desert frantically, desperately looking for water. Just a drop won’t even satisfy cause I need to be immersed into a river that never runs dry. I can’t even explain how I feel… it’s as if every time I even think about God I fall more in love. And the thought that the same God who in half a sentence created the heavens and the Earth longs for my weak devotion is the greatest romance I could have ever hoped for. You know how they say that eyes are the windows to ones soul? His eyes are a blazing fire…Rev 19:12, revealing the burning passion He has inside for you and for me. My whole being wants to be consumed by this fire… till there’s nothing left but Love in me.
Songs of Solomon 8:6-7
6 Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame.

7 Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot wash it away.
If one were to give
all the wealth of his house for love,
it would be utterly scorned.
Running away

2 comments:

Noel. said...

love it.

Mario Torres said...

Blessed be the Lord for your beautiful words!

Do you know that I hate being called a “Jesus freak?”

It seems that if I love my local football team and paint my face, get drunk at tailgate parties and root for my team and shout obscenities at the opponent then I am considered a fan.

If I love a certain hard rock group and I tattoo and pierce my body to look like them and get high to “enjoy” their concerts then I am also considered a fan.

But if I tote my Bible around and speak blessings to everyone I am called a “Jesus freak.”

I hate being called a “Jesus freak!”

Melissa, not unlike yourself I am simply thirsting and hungering for His righteousness. I want to be caught up in the glory of the Lord and revel in the presence of the Holy Spirit. To feel my Fathers loving arms embracing my soul.

Oh, I hate being called a “Jesus freak.”

I much prefer being called a “Jesus SUPER-freak!”