12.15.2008

honesty

Matthew 15:8
‘ These people draw near to Me with their mouth,And honor Me with their lips,But their heart is far from Me.

I think when we become ‘professional christians’, we find it easier and easier to speak with our mouths what our hearts really don’t believe. Its like we become accustomed to say what we believe God wants to hear, even if we really don’t mean it. This has just been in my heart lately… how we can speak so quickly and try to impress God with our sayings when in reality our hearts are far from what we say. We say we’re ready, when we really aren’t. We say “have your will”, when the truth is we really don’t want his will, we want our will. We say we are His, when our hearts are divided. But our acts only work on an audience. God IS truth, so im starting to think he wants our honesty more than he wants our pick up lines.

Doesn’t the Bible say that if we confess with our mouths what we believe in our hearts, we will be saved? Maybe that’s why we aren’t really free… cause we have confessed what we really haven’t believed.

So I changed my prayer, and I told God the other day “God… help me believe you. Help my unbelief.” … and I meant it… and it felt good. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's real Mel... God bless you.

AnaYanez said...

Thank you for this Mel

Mario Torres said...

Booty Call Christians are a dime a dozen.
Those truly married to Jesus are a rare breed indeed.
Many are called, but few are chosen.
God bless you Melissa, you are an inspiration and a living testimony of the Bride of Christ.






And sadly the ONLY reason I visit this blog.