12.25.2007

come into the light

It’s Christmas and I’m on my computer… and its because I have a lot in my heart. I read somewhere that it is scientifically proven that extreme exposure to light gives the resemblance of darkness. That’s why when you look at the sun you kind of go blind for a second or something.. and all you see is black until you move your eyes and then you see spots. Its uncomfortable to look at bright light. Our eyes are use to a certain type of setting, and if its raised or lowered we have to learn to adapt. I guess that’s why the closer we try to get to the Father… the closer we try to get to the Light, the darker everything else SEEMS to become. That’s how I’ve been feeling lately… like what was suppose to get better gets worse. What was suppose to get brighter just got alittle darker. Ever feel like that? Like you needed a breakthrough or an answer yesterday, and it’s today?? But heres where theres healing… knowing this is the answer… God understands. Im sure that after every miracle He did, after every prophet He sent back in the day…he thought “Maybe it’s going to get better. Maybe they will fall in love with me now. Maybe they will repent today.” But it didn’t . So He sent Jesus. And even then im sure he was thinking “Maybe when they see me in the flesh they will follow me. Maybe all it takes is for them to see that I understand what it’s like to be human and to feel what they feel… maybe now is when they will return to Me”. And still… we didn’t. So Jesus died. He shed His blood. God probably cried. But He never gave up. Im not giving up. Your not giving up. It’s hard... but we are drawing closer. The light is very bright… but it only gives the RESEMBLENCE of darkness. It’s not really dark… it just looks like it. Even though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death… it’s only a shadow.
Psalm 139:11-16
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;

the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Max Lucado…my favorite author wrote this :
“Can anything make me stop loving you?” God asks. “Watch me speak your language, sleep on your earth, and feel your hurts. Behold the maker of sight and sound as he sneezes, coughs, and blows his nose. You wonder if I understand how you feel? Look into the dancing eyes of the kid in Nazareth; that’s God walking to school. Ponder the toddler at Mary’s table; that’s God spilling his milk. You wonder how long my love will last? Find your answer on a splintered cross, on a craggy hill. That’s me you see up there, your Maker, your God, nail-stabbed and bleeding. Covered in spit and sin-soaked. That’s your sin Im feeling. That’s your death in dying. That’s your resurrection Im living. That’s how much I love you.”

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...awesome.