2.11.2008

Hidden Treasures

1 Chronicles 29:3
Moreover, because I have set my affection on the house of my God,
I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have
prepared for the holy house, my own special treasure of gold and silver.


I think one of the easiest things for us Christians to fall into is condemnation… thinking that the moment we do something wrong God is mad, and its going to take a whole lot of sacrificing, praying, reading, church events, etc to get Him back to loving us. I know I have felt at times… what is so special about me? God’s got a million other people who probably pray better, love him better, etc. and I’m just one of the rest… but im not. We are not.
If you see the verse I put above, I was reading it last night and I thought about how this is David building the temple … and he wasn’t just bringing a pile of wood and a bag full of stones. His affection was on the House of God… so he brought his own special treasure. What no one else was able to offer, because it belonged to David, is what he offered. That’s exactly how it is in our lives. When our affection is on the heart of God…when we are madly in love with Him, what we have to offer God is our own special treasure. It’s something no one can offer Him but only me. Only you. It’s my own special words that I whisper to Him that no one else feels but me because it’s my moment with God. It’s your own special song that you sing with lyrics no one else has because it comes from YOUR heart. It’s moments that no one else can give to God but you because it’s YOUR time. We each have our own special treasure… will you give it to Him? He wants it.

1 comment:

Mario Torres said...

Abraham left his country, and his kindred and his father’s house and later sacrificed what he loved most, Issac and became the father of the faithful. Giving your special treasure means to obey God regardless of where that leaves our family.
The widow of Zarephath in 1 Kings 17:8-16 gave her and her sons last meal to the man of God and did eat many days from the unending barrel of meal and cruse of oil. When we sow all, we will reap much!
The widow of Mark 12:41-44 gave up her last two mites and was noticed by Jesus. It is not sacrifice if we give what we can afford - whether this is money, possessions, time, etc.
Paul gave up everything that he had worked for in his life for Jesus. He suffered stripes, imprisonments, shipwrecks, and other persecutions for the cause of Christ. This involved the dedication of any and all of his personal accomplishments to Christ. There is nothing man can accomplish that is too noble to sacrifice for the sake of Christ. He gave up his special treasures to become a treasure in an earthen vessel.(2 Corinthians 4:7)
He who soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully will reap also bountifully! (2 Corinthians 9:6)