2.18.2008

The Pearl of Pursuit and [ ]

"How happy we would be if we could find the treasure about which the Gospel speaks! Everything else would seem as nothing to us. Since that treasure is infinite, the more we dig deeply into it, the more we find it's riches. So let us keep unceasingly searching for it, and let us not become weary until we have found it." - Brother Lawrence



what is it that moved the apostles to "leave all and follow"?



what is it that moved paul to forsake the pleasures of this world and to "die daily"?



"what is it that moved them to be so zealous?"



What did mary see to "waste her perfume at His feet"?



what do the angels see that moves them to cry out "holy" all the days of their lives?'



whatever it is, i want to see it. I want something to grab my heart to the point where i too will "leave all and follow". i long to be captivated over something that moves me to lay my life down. i want to live for something that would cause me to "step out of the boat". For at times, i find myself living for nothing. i wake up with little drive.


is there something out there worth laying my life down for?




"desire": I learned that with desire comes pursuit. if there is no pursuit, there is no desire. i have also learned that pursuit also cultivates desire. we guys can relate this principle to the pursuit of a girl . "it was the pursuit that got me in the gym "- [brother in-law] . "it was the pursuit that moved me to get a job"- Me... it was the pursuit that moved me to do things that i would've never done if there had been no pursuit. [dizzy?]



"the proof of desire is pursuit, and the temperature of your desire is exemplified by the energy of your pursuit". - Tommy Diego/ Unknown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The life and plan that God has for you is greater than the one that you are iving....
HAVE A BLESSED DAY