3.27.2008

Super- Happy -Shiny -Christian Radio

Boy of boy, I get cavities when I listen to Christian radio in the morning it's so sweet and sugary. Not that I'm asking for negativity, but for some reason, we want our morning radio to be like a big hug from a teddy bear.

I think that Christian radio is the audio equivalent of that poster that has the cat hanging on a rope with the line, "Hang in there." And it doesn't have to be. I think that Christianity is a lot more interesting than we make it out to be. I think it's real and honest and beautiful and ugly. But when in one of our most popular mediums we sugarcoat it, we give the world a really weird reflection of what it means to be Christian. And that's just not cool.

also, where in the world is the place of honesty? i mean, do we really want ministers to be honest? do we want to hear their stories of how they were / are struggling with sin? and do we really want the next person that we ask: "how are you" to respond with the truth of how they are really feeling deep down on the inside? that would make us have to be compassionate or atleast act like we really care. and thats exactly why i have pre-programmed myself to answer everyone of those questions with " I'm doing good bro..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dont think it bothers the world that we sin. I think it bothers them that we act like we don't. - Casting Crowns